Let it be known that Aleon Craft and production team SMKA are on point when it comes to creative joints from the dirty south. While sometimes feeling misunderstood as an artist, Craft continues to make a name for himself as an out-of-the-box emcee with an appreciation for all genres of music. Broken Paradise (Solar-Hop Remix) is a prime example of this, as the Freestyle Series alum looks to Mansions on the Moon’s track of the same name for inspiration. The SMKA-flipped beat brings the record full circle with entrancing production that truly compliments both the bars and vocals. Whether you’re on (or off) the fence with AC’s music, listeners should appreciate the fact that there hasn’t been this much funk in Atlanta since the Outkast era (collectively and separately, mind you). If you need further proof that Craft makes his own paradise, lookout for his Craft Singles project, dropping tomorrow, July 19.
Written by Sigurd on 07/18/11
Submit your Rating
SMKA Productions, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Do the Things You Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.