Resting on one’s laurels can be a dangerous thing, but there’s nothing wrong with taking a moment to celebrate how far you’ve come – especially when the result of said celebration is as dope as Brand New Day, the latest mixtape leak from Decatur representative Aleon Craft. 808 Experience beatsmith SMKA sets a blissfully mellow mood with a lush string-piano sample as Aleon reminisces about a time when he had nothing but “a dollar and a dream” For the second and final verses, Motown native Young Scolla and Windy City phenom Mikkey Halsted jump on board to tell equally fresh stories of well-earned success, the latter dropping some killer opening line: “There was a time when I wasn’t the man / Nah, I’m lying, I’ve always been flyer than Peter Pan.” As refreshing as ice-cold lemonade on a sweltering day, this breezy joint will be included on Craft’s Mick Boogie/Terry Urban-mixed The Stargazing Soundtrack, set to drop soon on DJBooth. Those lucky enough to be in A-town this Saturday night should head down to the Star Bar to catch the latest show in Aleon’s Atlanta Stargazing Tour, featuring Vonnegutt, Sean Falyon and more!
Written by richard on 07/30/10
Submit your Rating
SMKA Productions, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Do the Things You Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)