Please welcome newcomer Al’Michael to the DJBooth. Don’t worry this isn’t famed Monday Night Football announcer Al Michaels, but rather a talented singer from Columbia, MO. In addition to similar names, the two share a command of the mic, which Michael (the singer) showcases on Where Were You. The song’s foundation is a synth heavy, melting-pot beat produced by Famties, which features a strong electronic influence that is fused with both pop and R&B elements to fit Al’Michael’s powerful (and equally as eclectic) vocal performance. Remember this day, because in five years, when the artist is topping the charts with his lively vocals, someone will surely ask “where were you when you first heard Al Michael?” and you will definitely want to have an answer handy. Also, circle the month of June, on your calender, when Al’Michael has plans to drop his new EP, Head vs. Heart.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.