Please welcome newcomer Al’Michael to the DJBooth. Don’t worry this isn’t famed Monday Night Football announcer Al Michaels, but rather a talented singer from Columbia, MO. In addition to similar names, the two share a command of the mic, which Michael (the singer) showcases on Where Were You. The song’s foundation is a synth heavy, melting-pot beat produced by Famties, which features a strong electronic influence that is fused with both pop and R&B elements to fit Al’Michael’s powerful (and equally as eclectic) vocal performance. Remember this day, because in five years, when the artist is topping the charts with his lively vocals, someone will surely ask “where were you when you first heard Al Michael?” and you will definitely want to have an answer handy. Also, circle the month of June, on your calender, when Al’Michael has plans to drop his new EP, Head vs. Heart.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!