Please welcome newcomer Al’Michael to the DJBooth. Don’t worry this isn’t famed Monday Night Football announcer Al Michaels, but rather a talented singer from Columbia, MO. In addition to similar names, the two share a command of the mic, which Michael (the singer) showcases on Where Were You. The song’s foundation is a synth heavy, melting-pot beat produced by Famties, which features a strong electronic influence that is fused with both pop and R&B elements to fit Al’Michael’s powerful (and equally as eclectic) vocal performance. Remember this day, because in five years, when the artist is topping the charts with his lively vocals, someone will surely ask “where were you when you first heard Al Michael?” and you will definitely want to have an answer handy. Also, circle the month of June, on your calender, when Al’Michael has plans to drop his new EP, Head vs. Heart.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/12/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.