Please welcome newcomer Al’Michael to the DJBooth. Don’t worry this isn’t famed Monday Night Football announcer Al Michaels, but rather a talented singer from Columbia, MO. In addition to similar names, the two share a command of the mic, which Michael (the singer) showcases on Where Were You. The song’s foundation is a synth heavy, melting-pot beat produced by Famties, which features a strong electronic influence that is fused with both pop and R&B elements to fit Al’Michael’s powerful (and equally as eclectic) vocal performance. Remember this day, because in five years, when the artist is topping the charts with his lively vocals, someone will surely ask “where were you when you first heard Al Michael?” and you will definitely want to have an answer handy. Also, circle the month of June, on your calender, when Al’Michael has plans to drop his new EP, Head vs. Heart.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/12/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.