Ever seen a snake or a turtle lying on the pavement, soaking up heat in order to regulate its body temperature? Well, the same principle applies to gangsters—as cold-blooded individuals, they find a natural habitat in the sweltering city streets. As evidence for my admittedly far-fetched theory of criminology, I present the latest single and first Booth feature from AL-J. On this hard-nosed banger, a string-laced sample by Falside (who flips a sample from N.W.A.‘s Gangster Gangster on the hook) bumps in the background as the Boston repper and a couple cohorts demonstrate why they’re the most ruthless motherf*ckers on their block. Def Squad alum Keith Murray heads off the pack with a creatively grisly opener, posing the rhetorical question, “Why would I go for any disrespect when I could put a bloody vagina on the side of your neck?” before passing the mic to the headliner for a lyrically agile middle 16. Philly’s Reef the Lost Cauze rounds out the lineup, showing off his slightly rusty Español on the back: “El d*ck hang down to es ankles.” If this lead single has you craving more, be sure to cop Al’s free album, Blak Carrington, when it drops June 28.
Written by richard on 06/16/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Above and Beyond" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.