Ever seen a snake or a turtle lying on the pavement, soaking up heat in order to regulate its body temperature? Well, the same principle applies to gangsters—as cold-blooded individuals, they find a natural habitat in the sweltering city streets. As evidence for my admittedly far-fetched theory of criminology, I present the latest single and first Booth feature from AL-J. On this hard-nosed banger, a string-laced sample by Falside (who flips a sample from N.W.A.‘s Gangster Gangster on the hook) bumps in the background as the Boston repper and a couple cohorts demonstrate why they’re the most ruthless motherf*ckers on their block. Def Squad alum Keith Murray heads off the pack with a creatively grisly opener, posing the rhetorical question, “Why would I go for any disrespect when I could put a bloody vagina on the side of your neck?” before passing the mic to the headliner for a lyrically agile middle 16. Philly’s Reef the Lost Cauze rounds out the lineup, showing off his slightly rusty Español on the back: “El d*ck hang down to es ankles.” If this lead single has you craving more, be sure to cop Al’s free album, Blak Carrington, when it drops June 28.
Written by richard on 06/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Above and Beyond" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.