One day, yet two different takes on what those Summer Nights sound like. While K.V.’s Summer Nights was hot yet laid back, Al Great ups the energy, turning his Summer Nights into a certified banger. It’s not a banger without hi-hats and booming bass, and sure enough producer Street Scott comes through and then some, giving Great more than enough instrumental ammunition to support his high-caliber rhymes: “Life your life don’t mind mine / I get paid on Thursdays, I pay my bills on my time.” Considering this is the opening track, those reaching to turn up the volume will definitely want to cop Great’s Summer Nights album, which was released last week.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/16/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.