One day, yet two different takes on what those Summer Nights sound like. While K.V.’s Summer Nights was hot yet laid back, Al Great ups the energy, turning his Summer Nights into a certified banger. It’s not a banger without hi-hats and booming bass, and sure enough producer Street Scott comes through and then some, giving Great more than enough instrumental ammunition to support his high-caliber rhymes: “Life your life don’t mind mine / I get paid on Thursdays, I pay my bills on my time.” Considering this is the opening track, those reaching to turn up the volume will definitely want to cop Great’s Summer Nights album, which was released last week.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/16/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.