For those who, like yours truly, found themselves wondering, “Who the hell is Nicky Tarentino?!” after reading the title of Al Gator‘s latest feature, a quick explanation; he’s not a real person, but rather an invention of the late great Biggie Smalls, who either confused or deliberately conflated Joe Pesci character Nicky Santoro with director Quentin Tarantino on classic cut You’re Nobody (“Watch Casino, I’m the hip-hop version of Nicky Tarantino”). With that out of the way, this inaugural mixtape leak finds the Atlanta native who brought us Chronicles of the Underboss getting his Mafioso on once again, lacing Reef‘s swaggering funk samples with some appropriately larger-than-life braggadocio. Filling us in on his decadent lifestyle, Gator drops bars liberally seasoned with allusive wit: “Living room feeling so grand we could get married with it… Run out the backfield, ain’t no catchin’ me, I’m Barry with it.” Craving more high-rolling tuneage from this Panhandle State fast-riser? Then keep it locked – his Don Cannon-hosted The Untouchables mixtape has yet to receive a drop date, but you’ll be first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 03/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Feelin It" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.