For those who, like yours truly, found themselves wondering, “Who the hell is Nicky Tarentino?!” after reading the title of Al Gator‘s latest feature, a quick explanation; he’s not a real person, but rather an invention of the late great Biggie Smalls, who either confused or deliberately conflated Joe Pesci character Nicky Santoro with director Quentin Tarantino on classic cut You’re Nobody (“Watch Casino, I’m the hip-hop version of Nicky Tarantino”). With that out of the way, this inaugural mixtape leak finds the Atlanta native who brought us Chronicles of the Underboss getting his Mafioso on once again, lacing Reef‘s swaggering funk samples with some appropriately larger-than-life braggadocio. Filling us in on his decadent lifestyle, Gator drops bars liberally seasoned with allusive wit: “Living room feeling so grand we could get married with it… Run out the backfield, ain’t no catchin’ me, I’m Barry with it.” Craving more high-rolling tuneage from this Panhandle State fast-riser? Then keep it locked – his Don Cannon-hosted The Untouchables mixtape has yet to receive a drop date, but you’ll be first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 03/16/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Feelin It" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.