According to T.I. and Jamie Foxx, homies who have passed away too soon all Live in the Sky. What Tip doesn’t account for, however, is Booth newcomer Al-Fatir, a Man From the Sky. In line with the title, beatsmith A-Nice cooks up a spacey production with a cloudy, shrouded vibe. The flow Fatir showcases atop said instrumental is much less shrouded; he spits with conviction and an edginess that cuts through the boardwork like a hot knife through butter, while still maintaining a cohesive sound. Is the Connecticut native’s Booth debut effort heaven-sent, or does it have clipped wings? If you side with the former, then be sure to keep it locked for news regarding Fatir’s forthcoming, as yet-unscheduled EP, The Man From the Sky.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/2/13
Submit your Rating
Hat City Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Young Man Pt. 2" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.