With a resume that includes writing for Kanye West and Dead Prez, appearing on Def Poetry Jam, and starring as Brooklyn in the film ATL, it’s no wonder that rapper Al Be Back hasn’t yet had the chance to focus solely on his music career. On his new song, however, the Bronx native gets plenty of work in, admitting that although he still loves his woman, he’d likely Love You More if they were apart. Crafty behind the boards as well as the booth, Al and co-producer Roservelt‘s beat can be best described as “trying to be a love ballad, but missing something.” (Fitting, right?) Al is busy finishing up his debut album, Walk Man, currently set to drop this fall.
Written by Burmy on 06/24/08
Submit your Rating
RoBoT Sound (Indie)
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"16 17 18 ft. KRS-One & Al Be Back" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.