Booth newcomer Akromatik takes his stage name from an English word meaning “without color.” I can only assume that’s a riff on the emcee’s melanin deficiency, because the bars he delivers on this freshly-released EP standout are as vivid as they come. Named after a line from De La Soul‘s Stakes Is High, twentyfourseven sees the Vancouverite documenting his lifelong love affair with hip-hop in verses loaded with polysyllabic rhymes, compelling imagery and references to rap legends. Def 3 provides a lushly sampled backdrop for Akiromatik’s lyrical coming-of-age story, complementing his guitar-driven groove with vocal snippets from the aforementioned De La cut and Artifacts’ equally classic Art of Facts. The EP to which this record will be attached has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, but those digging twentyfourseven can, of course, watch our pages for further song releases off the set.
Written by richard on 07/8/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.