Maintaining an underground status during his entire ten-year career, Boston-native Akrobatik has been one of hip-hop’s best kept secrets. Continuing his legacy with the new single Put A Stamp On It, Akro is assisted by two of the biggest names in indie rap. Talib Kweli chips in an equal amount of rhymes (the song could easily be credited with either artist as the lead), and the late great J. Dilla provides the background. While that alliance alone should attract indie fans to give this a listen, even the unsuspecting listener will be hard pressed to feel disappointed. Akrobatik’s third full-length album, Absolute Value, is set to hit stores and online retailers February 19th.
Written by Burmy on 01/21/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Music Industry (Remix) ft. Various" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.