Maintaining an underground status during his entire ten-year career, Boston-native Akrobatik has been one of hip-hop’s best kept secrets. Continuing his legacy with the new single Put A Stamp On It, Akro is assisted by two of the biggest names in indie rap. Talib Kweli chips in an equal amount of rhymes (the song could easily be credited with either artist as the lead), and the late great J. Dilla provides the background. While that alliance alone should attract indie fans to give this a listen, even the unsuspecting listener will be hard pressed to feel disappointed. Akrobatik’s third full-length album, Absolute Value, is set to hit stores and online retailers February 19th.
Written by Burmy on 01/21/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Music Industry (Remix) ft. Various" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.