Maintaining an underground status during his entire ten-year career, Boston-native Akrobatik has been one of hip-hop’s best kept secrets. Continuing his legacy with the new single Put A Stamp On It, Akro is assisted by two of the biggest names in indie rap. Talib Kweli chips in an equal amount of rhymes (the song could easily be credited with either artist as the lead), and the late great J. Dilla provides the background. While that alliance alone should attract indie fans to give this a listen, even the unsuspecting listener will be hard pressed to feel disappointed. Akrobatik’s third full-length album, Absolute Value, is set to hit stores and online retailers February 19th.
Written by Burmy on 01/21/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Music Industry (Remix) ft. Various" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.