Maintaining an underground status during his entire ten-year career, Boston-native Akrobatik has been one of hip-hop’s best kept secrets. Continuing his legacy with the new single Put A Stamp On It, Akro is assisted by two of the biggest names in indie rap. Talib Kweli chips in an equal amount of rhymes (the song could easily be credited with either artist as the lead), and the late great J. Dilla provides the background. While that alliance alone should attract indie fans to give this a listen, even the unsuspecting listener will be hard pressed to feel disappointed. Akrobatik’s third full-length album, Absolute Value, is set to hit stores and online retailers February 19th.
Written by Burmy on 01/21/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Music Industry (Remix) ft. Various" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.