Some artists make a very strong entrance into the Booth only to fade away into the darkness like a Phantom, never to be seen again. While it happens too often, I don’t think we have to worry about Booth newcomer Akono Miles disappearing; he’s simply too young and too talented to fall off our radar. On his newly-released single, Miles dances (verbally, of course) atop Bajofondo‘s tango-esque production, exhibiting a feathery, charismatic vocal delivery. While his flow is very skillful—he doesn’t miss a beat—Miles adds some quirky inflections that make his youthful, vibrant style all the more interesting and pleasing to the ear. So, will Phantom leave you craving more from this left-of-center talent? Stay tuned; there is no word on a larger body of work, but we will surely keep you posted.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/6/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.