Some artists make a very strong entrance into the Booth only to fade away into the darkness like a Phantom, never to be seen again. While it happens too often, I don’t think we have to worry about Booth newcomer Akono Miles disappearing; he’s simply too young and too talented to fall off our radar. On his newly-released single, Miles dances (verbally, of course) atop Bajofondo‘s tango-esque production, exhibiting a feathery, charismatic vocal delivery. While his flow is very skillful—he doesn’t miss a beat—Miles adds some quirky inflections that make his youthful, vibrant style all the more interesting and pleasing to the ear. So, will Phantom leave you craving more from this left-of-center talent? Stay tuned; there is no word on a larger body of work, but we will surely keep you posted.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/6/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.