Some artists make a very strong entrance into the Booth only to fade away into the darkness like a Phantom, never to be seen again. While it happens too often, I don’t think we have to worry about Booth newcomer Akono Miles disappearing; he’s simply too young and too talented to fall off our radar. On his newly-released single, Miles dances (verbally, of course) atop Bajofondo‘s tango-esque production, exhibiting a feathery, charismatic vocal delivery. While his flow is very skillful—he doesn’t miss a beat—Miles adds some quirky inflections that make his youthful, vibrant style all the more interesting and pleasing to the ear. So, will Phantom leave you craving more from this left-of-center talent? Stay tuned; there is no word on a larger body of work, but we will surely keep you posted.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/6/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.