Some artists make a very strong entrance into the Booth only to fade away into the darkness like a Phantom, never to be seen again. While it happens too often, I don’t think we have to worry about Booth newcomer Akono Miles disappearing; he’s simply too young and too talented to fall off our radar. On his newly-released single, Miles dances (verbally, of course) atop Bajofondo‘s tango-esque production, exhibiting a feathery, charismatic vocal delivery. While his flow is very skillful—he doesn’t miss a beat—Miles adds some quirky inflections that make his youthful, vibrant style all the more interesting and pleasing to the ear. So, will Phantom leave you craving more from this left-of-center talent? Stay tuned; there is no word on a larger body of work, but we will surely keep you posted.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/6/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.