As rumors begin to swirl about a new studio album from Michael Jackson in May of ‘08, a similar hit maker has done a cover of one of MJ’s classic records. For a special “25th Anniversary Edition” of the epic album, Thriller, Akon has taken the dance floor sensation, Wanna Be Starting Something, and added his own modern-day touch. As one of four renewed songs on the commemorative project the production work can be fully credited to Kon, who did his part to keep the song as Michael-esque as can be.
Written by DJ Z on 11/18/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.