Akon’s Time is Money leaked a little over a year ago, but today we finally get the final, mastered version, which finds the Konvict CEO replacing former guest feature Caribbean duo Rock City with Big Meech (yes, that Big Meech). Speaking of which, the Black Mafia Family represneter opens the song by dropping a gem about the difference between broke dudes and paid dudes that’ll make you question which category you fit into. From there it’s into producer Akon’s self-made production, which manages to be both eerie and clean, haunting and a banger at the same time. It’s the perfect backdrop for ‘Kon to unleash his trademark half-sung, half-rapped style as he vents about the trials and tribulations he’s faced, even while experiencing dizzying heights of success. Akon hasn’t decided whether or not Time Is Money will appear on his still untitled and unscheduled upcoming album, so I’m guessing that depends on how the track’s received. So how about it Booth? Does this song have what it takes to bring Akon back into the spotlight as a solo artist? We’ll find out soon in the comments below.
Written by Adeshola Adigun on 05/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.