Are you ready to party, Booth readers? Personally, I’m not quite there – but that probably has something to do with the fact that it’s 10:00 AM as I write this, and I’m still nursing my morning coffee. Be that as it may, I can easily imagine the impact of Akon‘s latest offering, Take a Chance, on a crowd of liquored-up partygoers – simply put, this joint has energy for days. Kon’s Sexy B*tch collaborator, David Guetta, mans the boards here, backing the headliner’s Auto-Tune-soaked account of a “once in a lifetime” night out with a driving combo of four-on-the-floor percussion and bubblegum-pop synths. Mixtape heavyweight Clinton Sparks handles guest duties, jumping on the mic to provide some subdued backing vocals on the chorus. Like what you’re hearing? SRC Records has confirmed that this record will not be on Akon’s fourth full-length, Stadium, but it could very well turn up on another forthcoming project. Guess you’ll just have to keep it locked to the Booth for further details – that, or Take a Chance on missing out. And you wouldn’t want that, would you?
Written by richard on 09/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.