Are you ready to party, Booth readers? Personally, I’m not quite there – but that probably has something to do with the fact that it’s 10:00 AM as I write this, and I’m still nursing my morning coffee. Be that as it may, I can easily imagine the impact of Akon‘s latest offering, Take a Chance, on a crowd of liquored-up partygoers – simply put, this joint has energy for days. Kon’s Sexy B*tch collaborator, David Guetta, mans the boards here, backing the headliner’s Auto-Tune-soaked account of a “once in a lifetime” night out with a driving combo of four-on-the-floor percussion and bubblegum-pop synths. Mixtape heavyweight Clinton Sparks handles guest duties, jumping on the mic to provide some subdued backing vocals on the chorus. Like what you’re hearing? SRC Records has confirmed that this record will not be on Akon’s fourth full-length, Stadium, but it could very well turn up on another forthcoming project. Guess you’ll just have to keep it locked to the Booth for further details – that, or Take a Chance on missing out. And you wouldn’t want that, would you?
Written by richard on 09/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.