For most of us, accumulating cash and achieving renown are things that take a tremendous amount of time and effort, with failure lurking around every corner. Such is not the case, however, for Akon. As the Konvict Muzik superstar informs us on new single Give It to Him, he has no choice – he couldn’t even fail if he tried (paradox alert!) Previously leaked to the ‘net in an earlier version, but presented here in its finished, untagged form, this anthemic joint finds The Runners serving up a determined blend of synths and hi-hat-driven percussion as the hip-pop megastar tutors us on the finer points of grinding our way to fame and fortune. Heavyweight guest Ricky Rozay engages in a little cross-promotion on the back, dutifully plugging the Bugatti Boyz in between high-rolling references to all manner of luxury goods. Has ‘kon surpassed the moderately Booth-acclaimed Angel with his latest effort? We report, you decide. If you’re digging it, you’ll want to mark your calender for the November 23, release of his punnily-titled senior set, Akonic.
Written by richard on 10/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)