For most of us, accumulating cash and achieving renown are things that take a tremendous amount of time and effort, with failure lurking around every corner. Such is not the case, however, for Akon. As the Konvict Muzik superstar informs us on new single Give It to Him, he has no choice – he couldn’t even fail if he tried (paradox alert!) Previously leaked to the ‘net in an earlier version, but presented here in its finished, untagged form, this anthemic joint finds The Runners serving up a determined blend of synths and hi-hat-driven percussion as the hip-pop megastar tutors us on the finer points of grinding our way to fame and fortune. Heavyweight guest Ricky Rozay engages in a little cross-promotion on the back, dutifully plugging the Bugatti Boyz in between high-rolling references to all manner of luxury goods. Has ‘kon surpassed the moderately Booth-acclaimed Angel with his latest effort? We report, you decide. If you’re digging it, you’ll want to mark your calender for the November 23, release of his punnily-titled senior set, Akonic.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.