For most of us, accumulating cash and achieving renown are things that take a tremendous amount of time and effort, with failure lurking around every corner. Such is not the case, however, for Akon. As the Konvict Muzik superstar informs us on new single Give It to Him, he has no choice – he couldn’t even fail if he tried (paradox alert!) Previously leaked to the ‘net in an earlier version, but presented here in its finished, untagged form, this anthemic joint finds The Runners serving up a determined blend of synths and hi-hat-driven percussion as the hip-pop megastar tutors us on the finer points of grinding our way to fame and fortune. Heavyweight guest Ricky Rozay engages in a little cross-promotion on the back, dutifully plugging the Bugatti Boyz in between high-rolling references to all manner of luxury goods. Has ‘kon surpassed the moderately Booth-acclaimed Angel with his latest effort? We report, you decide. If you’re digging it, you’ll want to mark your calender for the November 23, release of his punnily-titled senior set, Akonic.
Written by richard on 10/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.