For most of us, accumulating cash and achieving renown are things that take a tremendous amount of time and effort, with failure lurking around every corner. Such is not the case, however, for Akon. As the Konvict Muzik superstar informs us on new single Give It to Him, he has no choice – he couldn’t even fail if he tried (paradox alert!) Previously leaked to the ‘net in an earlier version, but presented here in its finished, untagged form, this anthemic joint finds The Runners serving up a determined blend of synths and hi-hat-driven percussion as the hip-pop megastar tutors us on the finer points of grinding our way to fame and fortune. Heavyweight guest Ricky Rozay engages in a little cross-promotion on the back, dutifully plugging the Bugatti Boyz in between high-rolling references to all manner of luxury goods. Has ‘kon surpassed the moderately Booth-acclaimed Angel with his latest effort? We report, you decide. If you’re digging it, you’ll want to mark your calender for the November 23, release of his punnily-titled senior set, Akonic.
Written by richard on 10/25/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.