Those who frequently listen to Akon know adeptly he can switch between his playboy persona and his rough-and-tumble street game, but he’s never had the opportunity to exercise both sides on the same song…until now. On the third official single off the forthcoming Freedom, ‘Kon once again ends up in the club, popping bottles next to some fine models. When a few of these good-looking ladies, played here by Somalian duo and Universal Motown labelmates Sweet Rush, bring up their concerns about his heartbreaking ways, though, that is when the real fun begins. Smirking back at them, Kon admits that he is simply a Troublemaker by nature. Freedom is currently set to drop on December 2, with Troublemaker‘s official single release to follow eleven days later.
Written by Burmy on 11/12/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.