Those who frequently listen to Akon know adeptly he can switch between his playboy persona and his rough-and-tumble street game, but he’s never had the opportunity to exercise both sides on the same song…until now. On the third official single off the forthcoming Freedom, ‘Kon once again ends up in the club, popping bottles next to some fine models. When a few of these good-looking ladies, played here by Somalian duo and Universal Motown labelmates Sweet Rush, bring up their concerns about his heartbreaking ways, though, that is when the real fun begins. Smirking back at them, Kon admits that he is simply a Troublemaker by nature. Freedom is currently set to drop on December 2, with Troublemaker‘s official single release to follow eleven days later.
Written by Burmy on 11/12/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.