When Akon, Colby O’Donis, and Kardinal Offishall‘s Beautiful first hit the Booth, it wasn’t set to become an official single. Some time later, though, ‘Kon and his associates at Konvict/Upfront/SRC/Universal Motown decided to give it the official treatment (maybe partially because of its rave reviews on the Booth?). That turned out to be a wise decision; it peaked at #19 on the Billboard Hot 100 and broke the Top 20 in ten other countries. With this widespread success, a remix was inevitable, but this one may not be what you were expecting. One of Kardi’s favorite producers, Jamaica’s Supa Dups, has given Beautiful a Black Chiney Remix (possibly named in honor of his mother’s dual African/Chinese heritage), replacing Akon & Jaylien 2010‘s original beat with a mellow reggae instrumental. So, which version is better? It all depends on whether you prefer high-energy dancehall or more laid-back Caribbean grooves.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.