When Akon, Colby O’Donis, and Kardinal Offishall‘s Beautiful first hit the Booth, it wasn’t set to become an official single. Some time later, though, ‘Kon and his associates at Konvict/Upfront/SRC/Universal Motown decided to give it the official treatment (maybe partially because of its rave reviews on the Booth?). That turned out to be a wise decision; it peaked at #19 on the Billboard Hot 100 and broke the Top 20 in ten other countries. With this widespread success, a remix was inevitable, but this one may not be what you were expecting. One of Kardi’s favorite producers, Jamaica’s Supa Dups, has given Beautiful a Black Chiney Remix (possibly named in honor of his mother’s dual African/Chinese heritage), replacing Akon & Jaylien 2010‘s original beat with a mellow reggae instrumental. So, which version is better? It all depends on whether you prefer high-energy dancehall or more laid-back Caribbean grooves.
Written by Burmy on 05/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.