When Akon, Colby O’Donis, and Kardinal Offishall‘s Beautiful first hit the Booth, it wasn’t set to become an official single. Some time later, though, ‘Kon and his associates at Konvict/Upfront/SRC/Universal Motown decided to give it the official treatment (maybe partially because of its rave reviews on the Booth?). That turned out to be a wise decision; it peaked at #19 on the Billboard Hot 100 and broke the Top 20 in ten other countries. With this widespread success, a remix was inevitable, but this one may not be what you were expecting. One of Kardi’s favorite producers, Jamaica’s Supa Dups, has given Beautiful a Black Chiney Remix (possibly named in honor of his mother’s dual African/Chinese heritage), replacing Akon & Jaylien 2010‘s original beat with a mellow reggae instrumental. So, which version is better? It all depends on whether you prefer high-energy dancehall or more laid-back Caribbean grooves.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.