When Akon, Colby O’Donis, and Kardinal Offishall‘s Beautiful first hit the Booth, it wasn’t set to become an official single. Some time later, though, ‘Kon and his associates at Konvict/Upfront/SRC/Universal Motown decided to give it the official treatment (maybe partially because of its rave reviews on the Booth?). That turned out to be a wise decision; it peaked at #19 on the Billboard Hot 100 and broke the Top 20 in ten other countries. With this widespread success, a remix was inevitable, but this one may not be what you were expecting. One of Kardi’s favorite producers, Jamaica’s Supa Dups, has given Beautiful a Black Chiney Remix (possibly named in honor of his mother’s dual African/Chinese heritage), replacing Akon & Jaylien 2010‘s original beat with a mellow reggae instrumental. So, which version is better? It all depends on whether you prefer high-energy dancehall or more laid-back Caribbean grooves.
Written by Burmy on 05/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.