Times have been turbulent for Senegalese sensation Akon, but no trial or tribulation has stopped the multi-talented artist from releasing his currently-charting single, I’m So Paid. For the new, video version of the record, Akon’s signature high-pitched tone and Weezy F. Baby’s swagtastical soliloquies are joined by Michael Phelps’ inspiration, Young Jeezy, who contributes his classic witticisms to this self-produced track. Though the Konvict Muzik CEO has overcome Trouble and been Konvicted for some of his actions, it is his current Freedom that both he and his fans value the most.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.