Times have been turbulent for Senegalese sensation Akon, but no trial or tribulation has stopped the multi-talented artist from releasing his currently-charting single, I’m So Paid. For the new, video version of the record, Akon’s signature high-pitched tone and Weezy F. Baby’s swagtastical soliloquies are joined by Michael Phelps’ inspiration, Young Jeezy, who contributes his classic witticisms to this self-produced track. Though the Konvict Muzik CEO has overcome Trouble and been Konvicted for some of his actions, it is his current Freedom that both he and his fans value the most.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/13/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.