Times have been turbulent for Senegalese sensation Akon, but no trial or tribulation has stopped the multi-talented artist from releasing his currently-charting single, I’m So Paid. For the new, video version of the record, Akon’s signature high-pitched tone and Weezy F. Baby’s swagtastical soliloquies are joined by Michael Phelps’ inspiration, Young Jeezy, who contributes his classic witticisms to this self-produced track. Though the Konvict Muzik CEO has overcome Trouble and been Konvicted for some of his actions, it is his current Freedom that both he and his fans value the most.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.