Several months ago, Akon revealed that he had been in and out of the studio with none other than the King of Pop (sit down, Justin). He also explained that in addition to working on Jackson’s forthcoming studio album, MJ would also appear on the first single off the forthcoming Acquitted. Despite receiving no official confirmation from any of Akon’s three labels (many of whom seemingly take Monday off of work), it appears that the first single might actually be upon us. On Hold My Hand, Kon and Michael weave in and out of harmony over a melodic piano-synthesizer, eerily similar to the opening melody of Vitamin C’s classic (if that word could be applied here), The Graduation Song. Keep it locked to DJBooth for more information on this epic collaboration.
Note: The streaming of “Hold My Hand” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by DJ Z on 06/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.