Several months ago, Akon revealed that he had been in and out of the studio with none other than the King of Pop (sit down, Justin). He also explained that in addition to working on Jackson’s forthcoming studio album, MJ would also appear on the first single off the forthcoming Acquitted. Despite receiving no official confirmation from any of Akon’s three labels (many of whom seemingly take Monday off of work), it appears that the first single might actually be upon us. On Hold My Hand, Kon and Michael weave in and out of harmony over a melodic piano-synthesizer, eerily similar to the opening melody of Vitamin C’s classic (if that word could be applied here), The Graduation Song. Keep it locked to DJBooth for more information on this epic collaboration.
Note: The streaming of “Hold My Hand” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by DJ Z on 06/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.