Ever wonder what Rick Ross’s mainstream debut single, Hustlin’, would sound like as an R&B song? Allow us to introduce your inquisitive ears to Akon’s newest single, I’m So Paid. Produced by the man himself, the record is the second official release from the Konvict leader’s forthcoming third studio album, Freedom. Bragging about the hours he works and the money he makes as a result, Kon doesn’t deliver material that is unheard of; he just does it in a way that is catchier than most. With an assist from Lil’ Wayne, who is once again back on the auto-tune bandwagon, expect the record to impress in the same way as their previous collaborative works (Sweetest Girl, We Takin’ Ova) and be a force at mainstream radio. Though Freedom won’t be freed until after Thanksgiving (11/25), I’m So Paid is available for online purchase today.
Written by DJ Z on 10/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.