Ever wonder what Rick Ross’s mainstream debut single, Hustlin’, would sound like as an R&B song? Allow us to introduce your inquisitive ears to Akon’s newest single, I’m So Paid. Produced by the man himself, the record is the second official release from the Konvict leader’s forthcoming third studio album, Freedom. Bragging about the hours he works and the money he makes as a result, Kon doesn’t deliver material that is unheard of; he just does it in a way that is catchier than most. With an assist from Lil’ Wayne, who is once again back on the auto-tune bandwagon, expect the record to impress in the same way as their previous collaborative works (Sweetest Girl, We Takin’ Ova) and be a force at mainstream radio. Though Freedom won’t be freed until after Thanksgiving (11/25), I’m So Paid is available for online purchase today.
Written by DJ Z on 10/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.