Ever wonder what Rick Ross’s mainstream debut single, Hustlin’, would sound like as an R&B song? Allow us to introduce your inquisitive ears to Akon’s newest single, I’m So Paid. Produced by the man himself, the record is the second official release from the Konvict leader’s forthcoming third studio album, Freedom. Bragging about the hours he works and the money he makes as a result, Kon doesn’t deliver material that is unheard of; he just does it in a way that is catchier than most. With an assist from Lil’ Wayne, who is once again back on the auto-tune bandwagon, expect the record to impress in the same way as their previous collaborative works (Sweetest Girl, We Takin’ Ova) and be a force at mainstream radio. Though Freedom won’t be freed until after Thanksgiving (11/25), I’m So Paid is available for online purchase today.
Written by DJ Z on 10/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.