Ever wonder what Rick Ross’s mainstream debut single, Hustlin’, would sound like as an R&B song? Allow us to introduce your inquisitive ears to Akon’s newest single, I’m So Paid. Produced by the man himself, the record is the second official release from the Konvict leader’s forthcoming third studio album, Freedom. Bragging about the hours he works and the money he makes as a result, Kon doesn’t deliver material that is unheard of; he just does it in a way that is catchier than most. With an assist from Lil’ Wayne, who is once again back on the auto-tune bandwagon, expect the record to impress in the same way as their previous collaborative works (Sweetest Girl, We Takin’ Ova) and be a force at mainstream radio. Though Freedom won’t be freed until after Thanksgiving (11/25), I’m So Paid is available for online purchase today.
Written by DJ Z on 10/6/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.