Akon looks to score his fourth straight #1 single with the release of Mama Africa off his near triple platinum album, Konvicted. With a slightly tweaked beat and a guest spot from 50 Cent, the remix has a strong African vibe and is just as catchy as any of its predecessors. While Akon has recently received minor public scorn for dancing with an underage girl on stage at one of his international concerts, there is no denying his breadth as an artist and uncanny ability to reach so many listeners with one unique sound.
Written by DJ Z on 05/23/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.