Stripping is Dirty Work, but someone’s gotta do it. At least, so says Akon on his latest Booth feature, a new single off his long-delayed senior set. The final, radio-ready version of a cut originally leaked to the ‘net in January, this record depicts the Konvict Muzik head honcho in what is essentially his default state: cheesing on a dancer at his local gentlemen’s club. DJ Frank E backs the artist’s wide-eyed expressions of lust with an addictive mix of chopped vocal samples and R&B guitar riffs, and Wiz Khalifa assists on the guest tip, returning the favor from his own recent single, Let It Go. Will this be the record that finally—finally!—gets Stadium a release date? Debate away and, as always, keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 02/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.