Stripping is Dirty Work, but someone’s gotta do it. At least, so says Akon on his latest Booth feature, a new single off his long-delayed senior set. The final, radio-ready version of a cut originally leaked to the ‘net in January, this record depicts the Konvict Muzik head honcho in what is essentially his default state: cheesing on a dancer at his local gentlemen’s club. DJ Frank E backs the artist’s wide-eyed expressions of lust with an addictive mix of chopped vocal samples and R&B guitar riffs, and Wiz Khalifa assists on the guest tip, returning the favor from his own recent single, Let It Go. Will this be the record that finally—finally!—gets Stadium a release date? Debate away and, as always, keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 02/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.