As an artist, Akon certainly dropped off the face of the earth didn’t he? Or at least it feels that way in today’s incredibly fast-paced music game. After going well over a year without a solo feature, the Konvict boss/singer continues to blaze the comeback trail (see previous effort Take a Chance) with his new single, Angel. As of press time the producer’s identity remains a mystery (I’m guessing David Guetta), but regardless the song maintains a repetitive, electro boogie feel to it, something that seems to be leading the airwaves lately. This sound meshes quite well with Akon’s distinct voice though, so unless you’re dead set against the new club sound, I’ll bet you’ll have a pretty good time. At the very least, it will definitely continue to get the singer’s name back in the spotlight, which was probably the primary purpose of Angel. I, for one, am glad to see Akon make his return, and will be looking out for his upcoming album, Stadium Music, yet be given a release date.
Written by Jon Garcia on 09/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.