As an artist, Akon certainly dropped off the face of the earth didn’t he? Or at least it feels that way in today’s incredibly fast-paced music game. After going well over a year without a solo feature, the Konvict boss/singer continues to blaze the comeback trail (see previous effort Take a Chance) with his new single, Angel. As of press time the producer’s identity remains a mystery (I’m guessing David Guetta), but regardless the song maintains a repetitive, electro boogie feel to it, something that seems to be leading the airwaves lately. This sound meshes quite well with Akon’s distinct voice though, so unless you’re dead set against the new club sound, I’ll bet you’ll have a pretty good time. At the very least, it will definitely continue to get the singer’s name back in the spotlight, which was probably the primary purpose of Angel. I, for one, am glad to see Akon make his return, and will be looking out for his upcoming album, Stadium Music, yet be given a release date.
Written by Jon Garcia on 09/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.