As an artist, Akon certainly dropped off the face of the earth didn’t he? Or at least it feels that way in today’s incredibly fast-paced music game. After going well over a year without a solo feature, the Konvict boss/singer continues to blaze the comeback trail (see previous effort Take a Chance) with his new single, Angel. As of press time the producer’s identity remains a mystery (I’m guessing David Guetta), but regardless the song maintains a repetitive, electro boogie feel to it, something that seems to be leading the airwaves lately. This sound meshes quite well with Akon’s distinct voice though, so unless you’re dead set against the new club sound, I’ll bet you’ll have a pretty good time. At the very least, it will definitely continue to get the singer’s name back in the spotlight, which was probably the primary purpose of Angel. I, for one, am glad to see Akon make his return, and will be looking out for his upcoming album, Stadium Music, yet be given a release date.
Written by Jon Garcia on 09/19/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.