As an artist, Akon certainly dropped off the face of the earth didn’t he? Or at least it feels that way in today’s incredibly fast-paced music game. After going well over a year without a solo feature, the Konvict boss/singer continues to blaze the comeback trail (see previous effort Take a Chance) with his new single, Angel. As of press time the producer’s identity remains a mystery (I’m guessing David Guetta), but regardless the song maintains a repetitive, electro boogie feel to it, something that seems to be leading the airwaves lately. This sound meshes quite well with Akon’s distinct voice though, so unless you’re dead set against the new club sound, I’ll bet you’ll have a pretty good time. At the very least, it will definitely continue to get the singer’s name back in the spotlight, which was probably the primary purpose of Angel. I, for one, am glad to see Akon make his return, and will be looking out for his upcoming album, Stadium Music, yet be given a release date.
Written by Jon Garcia on 09/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.