Like long-ass intros? Then you’ll love A.J. Crew‘s latest feature. Hate long-ass intros? Then you’ll probably still love A.J Crew’s latest feature, but you might want to skip ahead 44 seconds or so. Either way, it’s thematically appropriate that the record takes a minute to get going; on promo single Still Waiting, the Windy City rapper-producer uses words and music to evoke the exciting yet excruciating feelings of anticipation that accompany a developing relationship, whether said relationship is with a new guy or girl, a musical career, or simply a dope song. As usual, Crew showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards, flipping a sample from Diana Ross’ I’m Still Waiting into a tunefully fresh backdrop for verses which find him juxtaposing a failed relationship with his slow, but steady progress in the hip-hop game. Singer Katie Gavin (of YouTube viral video fame) guests, lending her rich vocal stylings to the record’s chorus. Like what you’re hearing? This joint will be available for purchase from A.J.‘s official site come February 28. (You can even pre-order the record now, if you so desire.)
Written by richard on 02/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Destiny & Desire" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.