Did Opposite Day roll around without me realizing it? Because No Good, the latest single and first Booth feature from AirlineJay, is actually pretty damn good—or should I say bad? In any case, writing an entire semantically-inverted track review definitely wouldn’t result in a confusing mess, so I’m not declaring an official end to Opposite Day. Which is to say, I just did. Moving right along, this unreleased joint and possible mixtape inclusion finds the Albany representative airing his grievances with an ex-girl in the wake of a text-message breakup. Over his own tweaked version of the piano-led Rodney Jerkins beat that backed Houston rhymesayer Lil Playy‘s Birthday Dress, Jay nurses his wounded pride, bombarding the shawty in question bilious kiss-offs (“You promise that you’re so down-to-Earth but you’re bougie and you know it.”) and playing it cool on the hook (“You can leave if wanna leave / You can stay if you wanna stay / I’ma be who I’m gonna be...”). Oogie provides moral support on the instrumental tip, busting out his ax for a brief solo between verses. No Good may or may not be appearing on AirlineJay’s forthcoming mixtape, To Whom It May Concern—but either way, fans can keep it locked for the latest on the project.
Written by richard on 01/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thru Your City" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.