When AirlineJay gives a Valentine’s Day gift, he doesn’t stick to the normal flowers or chocolate routine. No, the New Yorker dedicates a dope song to his Valentine (Thanks for making the rest of us look bad, Jay!) Whether it be his fluid, crisp flow, with just a touch of attitude, or his slick wordplay used to recount the early stages of a now fully blossomed love, Her Song is sure to make Jay’s lady friend swoon. While AJ powers the record, he does receive some assistance on this VDay treat; Greethumb Warriors craft an 80’s style, synth heavy beat that fits well under Jay’s powerful vocals and guest Lovefoxx‘s softer, yet poppy chorus. Her Song won’t be a part of any larger project, but if you desire more AirlineJay we suggest December’s To Whom It May Concern.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Good" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.