I was going to dance around the obvious sexual innuendo in the title of Aion Clarke‘s Booth debut, for fear of sounding Beavis & Butthead-esque, but the emphatic “Unh… unh! “ ad-libs that open I’m Coming broke my will be mature, so… huh, huh… coming. Phew – glad I got that out of my system. In actuality, the T-dot crooner’s latest single is more grown-and-sexy than it is outright freaky. Bryan-Michael Cox crafts a beat as complex as it is sensual, blending glossy synths and percussion so reverb-drenched as to evoke crashing waves, and Clarke turns in a seductive vocal performance to match. Backed by his own falsetto harmonies, he pours out his feelings to a chick who’s been playing hard-to-get for far too long: “First time we met, you were so damn shy / nothing could break the tension between you and I…” As the record comes to a close, the artist surveys his work with approval, concluding, “This is real R&B.” Agree with his self-assessment? Then you can find plenty more where this came from on Bryan-Michael Cox & Aion Clarke Present: THE LEAKS, available now online.
Blackbaby Recordings, LLC.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.