I was going to dance around the obvious sexual innuendo in the title of Aion Clarke‘s Booth debut, for fear of sounding Beavis & Butthead-esque, but the emphatic “Unh… unh! “ ad-libs that open I’m Coming broke my will be mature, so… huh, huh… coming. Phew – glad I got that out of my system. In actuality, the T-dot crooner’s latest single is more grown-and-sexy than it is outright freaky. Bryan-Michael Cox crafts a beat as complex as it is sensual, blending glossy synths and percussion so reverb-drenched as to evoke crashing waves, and Clarke turns in a seductive vocal performance to match. Backed by his own falsetto harmonies, he pours out his feelings to a chick who’s been playing hard-to-get for far too long: “First time we met, you were so damn shy / nothing could break the tension between you and I…” As the record comes to a close, the artist surveys his work with approval, concluding, “This is real R&B.” Agree with his self-assessment? Then you can find plenty more where this came from on Bryan-Michael Cox & Aion Clarke Present: THE LEAKS, available now online.
Written by richard on 10/28/10
Submit your Rating
Blackbaby Recordings, LLC.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.