As of my writing this, it isn’t even 11:30 AM, but that doesn’t stop Booth newcomer A$hton from telling us “Knighty Knight” on his current mixtape single. (It originally dropped last January, but is getting another push in the new year.) With that said, ‘90s heads shouldn’t sleep on the record, which finds the Detroit-born, Orlando-based emcee channeling some serious boom-bap vibes. Buddah SK‘s ringing keyboard chords and laid-back breakbeat set the stage for some fittingly nostalgic bars from the unsigned up-and-comer. Looking back on his elementary school years, he reveals himself to have been a precocious kid in more ways than one: “Plotting my next moves even in the fourth grade / Saw my first boobs, music room, backstage.” A$hton’s Knighty Four LP is slated to drop digitally in February. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 01/10/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.