As of my writing this, it isn’t even 11:30 AM, but that doesn’t stop Booth newcomer A$hton from telling us “Knighty Knight” on his current mixtape single. (It originally dropped last January, but is getting another push in the new year.) With that said, ‘90s heads shouldn’t sleep on the record, which finds the Detroit-born, Orlando-based emcee channeling some serious boom-bap vibes. Buddah SK‘s ringing keyboard chords and laid-back breakbeat set the stage for some fittingly nostalgic bars from the unsigned up-and-comer. Looking back on his elementary school years, he reveals himself to have been a precocious kid in more ways than one: “Plotting my next moves even in the fourth grade / Saw my first boobs, music room, backstage.” A$hton’s Knighty Four LP is slated to drop digitally in February. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 01/10/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.