Whether it’s his classic song Back In the Day, his last album the Death of Me or his decision to put music on hold to get a degree from Stanford, Ahmad has never followed the beaten path. So it’s only right that instead of being content with a mere music video, the west coast veteran has created a new short film, Good Meat Makes Gravy. As the film opens Ahmad struggles with a wealthy but unfaithful girlfriend over a hazy pop and R&B beat from Shane Eli, while in the second half he finds redemption and success over a celebratory beat from producer GoonRock of LMFAO fame. Emcee, singer, songwriter, it looks like Ahmad can now add actor and director to that lengthy resume. Those eager to have Good Meat Makes Gravy serve as the soundtrack to their own journey to success can lookout for the film’s music to hit iTunes on November 12.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Some Money & Go to Jail" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)