Whether it’s his classic song Back In the Day, his last album the Death of Me or his decision to put music on hold to get a degree from Stanford, Ahmad has never followed the beaten path. So it’s only right that instead of being content with a mere music video, the west coast veteran has created a new short film, Good Meat Makes Gravy. As the film opens Ahmad struggles with a wealthy but unfaithful girlfriend over a hazy pop and R&B beat from Shane Eli, while in the second half he finds redemption and success over a celebratory beat from producer GoonRock of LMFAO fame. Emcee, singer, songwriter, it looks like Ahmad can now add actor and director to that lengthy resume. Those eager to have Good Meat Makes Gravy serve as the soundtrack to their own journey to success can lookout for the film’s music to hit iTunes on November 12.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Some Money & Go to Jail" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.