Whether it’s his classic song Back In the Day, his last album the Death of Me or his decision to put music on hold to get a degree from Stanford, Ahmad has never followed the beaten path. So it’s only right that instead of being content with a mere music video, the west coast veteran has created a new short film, Good Meat Makes Gravy. As the film opens Ahmad struggles with a wealthy but unfaithful girlfriend over a hazy pop and R&B beat from Shane Eli, while in the second half he finds redemption and success over a celebratory beat from producer GoonRock of LMFAO fame. Emcee, singer, songwriter, it looks like Ahmad can now add actor and director to that lengthy resume. Those eager to have Good Meat Makes Gravy serve as the soundtrack to their own journey to success can lookout for the film’s music to hit iTunes on November 12.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Some Money & Go to Jail" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.