Ahmad, it isn’t every day that I say something like this, but welcome back to making good music; Ja Rule, take notes from someone doing it right. Now in all honestly I had to check it twice (thanks to the hip-hop encyclopedia that is Refined Hype), but Ahmad is indeed the same man who gave us the classic Back in the Day well, back in the day, and is now delivering his first Booth feature today with Get Some Money & Go to Jail. The vibrant production, which sounds like an Outkast experiment gone right, comes courtesy of E.T. of The Machine Productions, which moves the track along well and sets a foundation for Ahmad’s nothing-but-original delivery and style and Slaughterhouse vet Crooked I’s guest work. Incredibly, the hiatus seems to have worked well for Ahmad, but before we officially call it a comeback listeners will have to deliver their verdict on this track. Unless you’re currently incarcerated, you should be sure to cop his latest project, The Death of Me, due out August 10.
Written by Sigurd on 07/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'ma Emcee [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.