Ahmad, it isn’t every day that I say something like this, but welcome back to making good music; Ja Rule, take notes from someone doing it right. Now in all honestly I had to check it twice (thanks to the hip-hop encyclopedia that is Refined Hype), but Ahmad is indeed the same man who gave us the classic Back in the Day well, back in the day, and is now delivering his first Booth feature today with Get Some Money & Go to Jail. The vibrant production, which sounds like an Outkast experiment gone right, comes courtesy of E.T. of The Machine Productions, which moves the track along well and sets a foundation for Ahmad’s nothing-but-original delivery and style and Slaughterhouse vet Crooked I’s guest work. Incredibly, the hiatus seems to have worked well for Ahmad, but before we officially call it a comeback listeners will have to deliver their verdict on this track. Unless you’re currently incarcerated, you should be sure to cop his latest project, The Death of Me, due out August 10.
Written by Sigurd on 07/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'ma Emcee [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.