Did Ahmaad and his guest, D. Julien, Get It Right on this cut? Well, it’s up to you and the orange and white starts to decide for sure, but when it comes to hip-hop/R&B hybrids, it doesn’t get more refreshing than this. DJ KevMoney plays matchmaker, bringing together the two artists, who differ in style but share a similar charisma. D. Julien steps up to the mic first, showcasing his crisp flow over Clyde Strokes and SamTrax‘s smooth, R&B-rooted production. Ahmaad lays down a intoxicating hook before spitting some relationship-themed bars in his feathery, ear-pleasing flow. Feeling it? More bubbly R&B jams await on Ahmaad’s forthcoming, currently-unscheduled Love Goes On EP.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Ahmaad’s Jaison Blackrose-directed Get It Right visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/18/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.