Did Ahmaad and his guest, D. Julien, Get It Right on this cut? Well, it’s up to you and the orange and white starts to decide for sure, but when it comes to hip-hop/R&B hybrids, it doesn’t get more refreshing than this. DJ KevMoney plays matchmaker, bringing together the two artists, who differ in style but share a similar charisma. D. Julien steps up to the mic first, showcasing his crisp flow over Clyde Strokes and SamTrax‘s smooth, R&B-rooted production. Ahmaad lays down a intoxicating hook before spitting some relationship-themed bars in his feathery, ear-pleasing flow. Feeling it? More bubbly R&B jams await on Ahmaad’s forthcoming, currently-unscheduled Love Goes On EP.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Ahmaad’s Jaison Blackrose-directed Get It Right visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.