Did Ahmaad and his guest, D. Julien, Get It Right on this cut? Well, it’s up to you and the orange and white starts to decide for sure, but when it comes to hip-hop/R&B hybrids, it doesn’t get more refreshing than this. DJ KevMoney plays matchmaker, bringing together the two artists, who differ in style but share a similar charisma. D. Julien steps up to the mic first, showcasing his crisp flow over Clyde Strokes and SamTrax‘s smooth, R&B-rooted production. Ahmaad lays down a intoxicating hook before spitting some relationship-themed bars in his feathery, ear-pleasing flow. Feeling it? More bubbly R&B jams await on Ahmaad’s forthcoming, currently-unscheduled Love Goes On EP.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Ahmaad’s Jaison Blackrose-directed Get It Right visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.