Did Ahmaad and his guest, D. Julien, Get It Right on this cut? Well, it’s up to you and the orange and white starts to decide for sure, but when it comes to hip-hop/R&B hybrids, it doesn’t get more refreshing than this. DJ KevMoney plays matchmaker, bringing together the two artists, who differ in style but share a similar charisma. D. Julien steps up to the mic first, showcasing his crisp flow over Clyde Strokes and SamTrax‘s smooth, R&B-rooted production. Ahmaad lays down a intoxicating hook before spitting some relationship-themed bars in his feathery, ear-pleasing flow. Feeling it? More bubbly R&B jams await on Ahmaad’s forthcoming, currently-unscheduled Love Goes On EP.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Ahmaad’s Jaison Blackrose-directed Get It Right visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.