While in 2010 those set on running game may tweet, Facebook or UStream a fine female, there’s still no substitute for some good ol’ fashion number getting, an approach first time Booth artist Ahmaad (not to be confused with Ahmad) takes on his new single Can I Call You. Behind the boards producer Sam Trax keeps Call You firmly in the world of r&b, layering a clapping drum over a lightly harmonized keys line guaranteed to set the right mood. But the record would be nothing without some quality vocals, and the Brooklyn crooner responds more than capably, pressing a lovely lady just hard enough to secure her number but not so hard he scares her off. I’m sure it also doesn’t hurt his efforts that he can sing like that. So how about it Booth members? Would you slip Ahmaad your digits? (Musically speaking of course.) Those looking for more music to set the lights low to should keep an eye out for Ahmaad’s upcoming mixtape, Rhythm & Brooklyn, set to be released sometime this fall.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/22/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.