While in 2010 those set on running game may tweet, Facebook or UStream a fine female, there’s still no substitute for some good ol’ fashion number getting, an approach first time Booth artist Ahmaad (not to be confused with Ahmad) takes on his new single Can I Call You. Behind the boards producer Sam Trax keeps Call You firmly in the world of r&b, layering a clapping drum over a lightly harmonized keys line guaranteed to set the right mood. But the record would be nothing without some quality vocals, and the Brooklyn crooner responds more than capably, pressing a lovely lady just hard enough to secure her number but not so hard he scares her off. I’m sure it also doesn’t hurt his efforts that he can sing like that. So how about it Booth members? Would you slip Ahmaad your digits? (Musically speaking of course.) Those looking for more music to set the lights low to should keep an eye out for Ahmaad’s upcoming mixtape, Rhythm & Brooklyn, set to be released sometime this fall.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/22/10
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.