Every now and then there comes a time when an artist, whether it be within the hip-hop circle or another genre, feels the need to drop a record where they’re addressing nothing but the Truth. More mainstream artists may dwell on record label woes, they’re platinum chains losing their luster, or some other questionable struggle but for Windy City lyricist Agacee his Truth is far more real. On his latest effort, the Ivy League member addresses a number of tough topics over a Tony Baines-produced track, including the tragic passing of his grandmother, the violence epidemic in many a Chicago neighborhood, and much more. Agacee also refers to a certain money hungry female, who I’m sure a number of us have had the misfortune of dealing with, spitting, “Yeah, Sallie Mae won’t cut a break/ That’s why I spit these hard breaks over 808’s.” You can likely find more of the Truth, both literally and figuratively, on the rhymesayer’s forthcoming #LifeofAScholar project, coming “soon.”
Written by Danielle H. on 10/5/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.