Inspired by the ever-growing #OWS movement, After The Smoke offer their abstract take on the current climate of socioeconomic unrest on their Booth debut. The latest entry in the Tallahassee crew’s Ekoms Fridays series, new single Wallstreet finds emcee Whuzi dropping cryptically fresh bars over crewmate Speek moody chopped-sample production. Has this brooding jam left you intrigued? Keep it locked for further entries in After the Smoke’s ongoing series, as well as release details on their Ferris Wheel EP (set for release sometimne in 2012).
Written by richard on 12/2/11
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Typical Weekend" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.