Inspired by the ever-growing #OWS movement, After The Smoke offer their abstract take on the current climate of socioeconomic unrest on their Booth debut. The latest entry in the Tallahassee crew’s Ekoms Fridays series, new single Wallstreet finds emcee Whuzi dropping cryptically fresh bars over crewmate Speek moody chopped-sample production. Has this brooding jam left you intrigued? Keep it locked for further entries in After the Smoke’s ongoing series, as well as release details on their Ferris Wheel EP (set for release sometimne in 2012).
Written by richard on 12/2/11
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Typical Weekend" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.