On their first and to date only DJBooth feature, After the Smoke put Wallstreet under the microscope, spitting abstract bars about how finance capital has contributed to our current socioeconomic unrest. Don’t get it twisted, though, life for Whuzi and Speek isn’t all protest marches and pickets; the Tallahassee twosome also know how to have a good time. The latest video single off the group’s forthcoming full-length offers us a look at their Typical Weekend - which happens to involve dance parties, drug use and even some light bondage. As on their previous cut, the group handle production in-house, backing their hedonistic bars with a stripped-down mix of driving percussion and resonant keyboard chords. Rob Coin brings an artistic touch to the joint’s official visuals. Interest piqued? Then stay tuned for more fresh cuts leading up to the release of After the Smoke’s Microwaves Mixtape in early December.
Written by richard on 10/28/12
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.