On their first and to date only DJBooth feature, After the Smoke put Wallstreet under the microscope, spitting abstract bars about how finance capital has contributed to our current socioeconomic unrest. Don’t get it twisted, though, life for Whuzi and Speek isn’t all protest marches and pickets; the Tallahassee twosome also know how to have a good time. The latest video single off the group’s forthcoming full-length offers us a look at their Typical Weekend - which happens to involve dance parties, drug use and even some light bondage. As on their previous cut, the group handle production in-house, backing their hedonistic bars with a stripped-down mix of driving percussion and resonant keyboard chords. Rob Coin brings an artistic touch to the joint’s official visuals. Interest piqued? Then stay tuned for more fresh cuts leading up to the release of After the Smoke’s Microwaves Mixtape in early December.
Written by richard on 10/28/12
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)