On their first and to date only DJBooth feature, After the Smoke put Wallstreet under the microscope, spitting abstract bars about how finance capital has contributed to our current socioeconomic unrest. Don’t get it twisted, though, life for Whuzi and Speek isn’t all protest marches and pickets; the Tallahassee twosome also know how to have a good time. The latest video single off the group’s forthcoming full-length offers us a look at their Typical Weekend - which happens to involve dance parties, drug use and even some light bondage. As on their previous cut, the group handle production in-house, backing their hedonistic bars with a stripped-down mix of driving percussion and resonant keyboard chords. Rob Coin brings an artistic touch to the joint’s official visuals. Interest piqued? Then stay tuned for more fresh cuts leading up to the release of After the Smoke’s Microwaves Mixtape in early December.
Written by richard on 10/28/12
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.