What have After the Smoke been up to since dropping off Typical Weekend back in October? Oh nothing much—just kicking it, making music, inking a record deal. Say what? That’s right: the Tallahassee twosome are now major-label signees. I’m happy to say the duo haven’t sacrificed their eccentric style in the transition to the big leagues. Come & Leave, their first featured single since the move, finds them delivering characteristically louche, abstract bars over Daygee‘s moody sample work. Singer Voila Snow imbues the record with a dash of old-school soul, lending her smoky vocals to the chorus, and director Rob Coin provides a fittingly macabre visual accompaniment. Feeling it? More awaits on After the Smoke’s Microwaves EP, scheduled for release July 9.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)