What have After the Smoke been up to since dropping off Typical Weekend back in October? Oh nothing much—just kicking it, making music, inking a record deal. Say what? That’s right: the Tallahassee twosome are now major-label signees. I’m happy to say the duo haven’t sacrificed their eccentric style in the transition to the big leagues. Come & Leave, their first featured single since the move, finds them delivering characteristically louche, abstract bars over Daygee‘s moody sample work. Singer Voila Snow imbues the record with a dash of old-school soul, lending her smoky vocals to the chorus, and director Rob Coin provides a fittingly macabre visual accompaniment. Feeling it? More awaits on After the Smoke’s Microwaves EP, scheduled for release July 9.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.