What have After the Smoke been up to since dropping off Typical Weekend back in October? Oh nothing much—just kicking it, making music, inking a record deal. Say what? That’s right: the Tallahassee twosome are now major-label signees. I’m happy to say the duo haven’t sacrificed their eccentric style in the transition to the big leagues. Come & Leave, their first featured single since the move, finds them delivering characteristically louche, abstract bars over Daygee‘s moody sample work. Singer Voila Snow imbues the record with a dash of old-school soul, lending her smoky vocals to the chorus, and director Rob Coin provides a fittingly macabre visual accompaniment. Feeling it? More awaits on After the Smoke’s Microwaves EP, scheduled for release July 9.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.