What have After the Smoke been up to since dropping off Typical Weekend back in October? Oh nothing much—just kicking it, making music, inking a record deal. Say what? That’s right: the Tallahassee twosome are now major-label signees. I’m happy to say the duo haven’t sacrificed their eccentric style in the transition to the big leagues. Come & Leave, their first featured single since the move, finds them delivering characteristically louche, abstract bars over Daygee‘s moody sample work. Singer Voila Snow imbues the record with a dash of old-school soul, lending her smoky vocals to the chorus, and director Rob Coin provides a fittingly macabre visual accompaniment. Feeling it? More awaits on After the Smoke’s Microwaves EP, scheduled for release July 9.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.