I’m not gonna lie: sometimes it feels weird as hell to sit in front of my desk at 11:00 AM on a weekday, listening to bass-booming club music. DJ Afrojack‘s latest single, The Spark, is one of those rare dancefloor anthems that sounds (almost) as good in the morning as it undoubtedly will in the evening. Something about the Dutch DJ/beatsmith’s brisk production, featuring effervescent guitar strums and airy vocal harmonies in addition to the usual synths and pounding percussion, makes me feel like I just knocked back a giant cup of coffee. (Well, I did, but you know what I mean.) The multi-talented Spree Wilson‘s guest verses and chorus, of course, only add to the cut’s energizing, effervescent vibe. The Spark isn’t part of a larger project, but fans will be able to cop the record on iTunes starting this Friday, the 11th.
Written by richard on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"As Your Friend" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.