I’m not gonna lie: sometimes it feels weird as hell to sit in front of my desk at 11:00 AM on a weekday, listening to bass-booming club music. DJ Afrojack‘s latest single, The Spark, is one of those rare dancefloor anthems that sounds (almost) as good in the morning as it undoubtedly will in the evening. Something about the Dutch DJ/beatsmith’s brisk production, featuring effervescent guitar strums and airy vocal harmonies in addition to the usual synths and pounding percussion, makes me feel like I just knocked back a giant cup of coffee. (Well, I did, but you know what I mean.) The multi-talented Spree Wilson‘s guest verses and chorus, of course, only add to the cut’s energizing, effervescent vibe. The Spark isn’t part of a larger project, but fans will be able to cop the record on iTunes starting this Friday, the 11th.
Written by richard on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"As Your Friend" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)