I’m not gonna lie: sometimes it feels weird as hell to sit in front of my desk at 11:00 AM on a weekday, listening to bass-booming club music. DJ Afrojack‘s latest single, The Spark, is one of those rare dancefloor anthems that sounds (almost) as good in the morning as it undoubtedly will in the evening. Something about the Dutch DJ/beatsmith’s brisk production, featuring effervescent guitar strums and airy vocal harmonies in addition to the usual synths and pounding percussion, makes me feel like I just knocked back a giant cup of coffee. (Well, I did, but you know what I mean.) The multi-talented Spree Wilson‘s guest verses and chorus, of course, only add to the cut’s energizing, effervescent vibe. The Spark isn’t part of a larger project, but fans will be able to cop the record on iTunes starting this Friday, the 11th.
Written by richard on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"As Your Friend" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.