With his first album since ‘07’s None Shall Pass two months from release, underground icon Aesop Rock returns to our pages with the lead single off the project. Originally released to the ‘net for free download in April, the record finds Ian Matthias Bavitz handling both production and mic duties, weaving a characteristically intricate lyrical web over his own moody, arpeggiated-synth beat. Isaac Ravishankara directs the official visuals, which debuted this morning on MTV2. Skelethon is scheduled for release July 10, via Fifth Element, but those who pre-order now will receive a limited-edition T-Shirt and a special Aesop Rock mix by DJ Shazam Bangles.
Written by richard on 05/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Woodchip Grinder (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.